Saturday, March 1, 2008

Another Update!

I talked to Leann on the phone for just a couple minutes this morning. She was doing well. She said she has her teary moments (of course) but over all she senses Gods peace. She is getting ready to be discharged from Lowville hospital. I'm sure that is exciting for her. She is going to make a stop at home to be with their other 4 children for a little while. I'm sure they need her. She was taken to the hospital very unexpectedly in an emergency. I'm sure that is very scary for a child (especially all being under 6 years old) They don't understand whats happening. So it is important for her to spend a little time with them before heading to Syracuse. They need to be held by her and know she is safe. Leann said the baby (still haven't heard a name) is making text book progress. She said it's scary for them, but to the doctors that means things are going well. Of course they are wishing for miraculous healing type of progress. But text book is good...it's progress, and that is what counts at this point. She said at this point they have inserted a cathedar into his umbilical cord so they don't have to keep sticking him with needles, because the need constant oxygen level tests. She was somehow soothed by that. Every mommy could relate to that feeling. Mothers are protective of their children. I have yet to see my children in pain that I haven't wished to take away for them. Like every other mother, I too, find myself in tears over their pain. So for Leann, this cathedar thing is so soothing. Her little guy is going through enough without having to be pricked every little while. She asked us to pray specifically for Gods peace during all this and the ability to reach out and hold on to that peace, that gift from God, that is there for them, waiting to be accepted.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Glad to hear that things are going pretty well...we will continue to pray!

Kim M. said...

HI, Thank you for your comments on my blog. I will bookmark your blog and check it often. :-)
I actually have a BIG interest in gardening. We have only done a little gardening so far because of space. We live in town right now and we try to use as much space possible to do that gardening, but our dream is to move out into the country and start a mini-farm with big gardens and hopefully some animals. I have never really done any seed gardening although I am certainly interested in learning. I usually salivate over the seed catalog that comes to my house.
Thanks again for commenting! Did you go to Bible college? I was wondering how you found my blog. I was at Hobe Sound Bible College back in 1994-1995... so maybe we know some of the same people? The blog "maze" is quite interesting isn't it? I have found several old friends this way. Thanks again!

Kim M. said...

P.S. This situation with this baby would be a horrible experience. I am praying as I type.

Kim M. said...

woo hoo, I found it! I commented on Charity's blog from AL. :-)
Thanks again for your comments... I love making new friends. :-)
P.S. Could you email me the name of the mother of the baby? I would like to give it to my pastor (Brother Sankey) to put on our church prayer list.
mjkmatlock@yahoo.com