Friday, March 7, 2008

A day of surprises...

This morning was absolutely beautiful!!!! We got up to 43.5 degrees! Huge! I opened the windows, turned the radio up, and up some more. Janelle and I started "spring cleaning" while Timmy enjoyed a play date with Grammy. Do you have any idea what I saw when I was washing the windows? MUD! I was so excited I started singing! So we got two rooms finished today, and we even re-arranged our living room.

Then Tim & Tim (ha, ha) For those of you who don' t know...We named our first son after his Hot Papa! So anyways...they got home early! That's always a special surprise!

So then we decided to take some things to the Dunkles that I intended on delivering Wednesday when some of the girls and I went to see her at Syracuse hospital...but we had a terrible snow storm and decided not to go. In the mean time, Leann came home (and Tom went to the hospital) so she could spend a little time with the children, especially their oldest-who turns six tomorrow. So we all head out to our van and it is SNOWING! HUGE, FAT, FLUFFY, SNOW!! Typically, this is my favorite kind of snow-normally I think it is sooo beautiful and it makes me want to sing. I almost could have cried. So we get to the Dunkles, and by now it is snowing so hard we can hardly see, and it is slicker than snot! So, my hubby, being the gentleman that he is, offers to take the goods inside while I wait in the van with our children. I was glad to accept his kind offer!

A few minutes later he got back in the van. He shut the door and said "you might want to go in there." So I did. Do you know what I found when I walked in the door? A five pound bundle of answered prayers! My eyes are stinging as I type, trying to hold back the tears! Surprise of the day! Guess what else, Leann got the same surprise I did, when Tom walked in the door this evening WITH little Ian Shepherd! Remember I said that he was at the hospital today. Long story short, they decided to discharge Ian today. Praise God! Tom didn't call Leann to tell her. He surprised her. What a precious memory! I know they are enjoying their very first night all together, as a family of 7! Praise God for all he has done! Thank you all so much for your prayers. I truly believe all your prayers joined with hundreds of others has helped bring the Dunkles together tonight...as a family, complete!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

That is so beautiful. What an awesome surprise for her!

AmberDawn said...

How wonderful for the Dunkles! God is good!

As to your comments about the mud .. I'm guessing that is a good thing b/c it means the ground was not covered in snow?

Mrs. Timothy W. Pierce Sr. said...

Absolutely right about the mud! I was SOOOOO happy and inspired to clean (imagine that!) My inspiration was quickly snuffed out by our winter weather!

This is the day that the Lord has made...there are a lot of other things to rejoice and be glad about! I keep telling myself that. *grin*

Kim M. said...

You can tell I am reading this blog backwards. I am so happy for the Dunkle family!