Sunday, March 9, 2008

A little sister for Janelle...

Janelle has been making her desire for a little sister very well known for quite some time now. Every time we are in Wal Mart she is picking out little baby outfits-not for Charles...for her sister! I remind her that we don't have a little baby girl. Finally, this last time, she was so frustrated with hearing that, she said "but Mama...I've been wishing for a little sister!" She cried that night. I tried to explain the best I could at a 4 year old level, and we prayed about it. She hasn't given up the idea, but now she is praying ...every day, and asking...every day. Bless her heart! So last week she brought me this picture she drew. It is a picture of me...pregnant! Can you guess who is inside that bulging tummy she drew...her sister! Yes, her sister and I are standing amidst wild flowers with a balloon in tow, surrounded by butterflies and bees. She is so sweet! I can't help but hope that God answers her very heartfelt prayers. *grin*

2 comments:

AmberDawn said...

Awww, so sweet and precious and touching! Wouldn't that just be special if she gets her wish?! You keep me updated! *grin*

Kim M. said...

Hey, that happened to me. I was the little girl wishing for a little sister... and I got one! The Lord gave me MY Erin when I was 12. Just the perfect time because I was a good age to help care for her. Maybe the Lord will give her that baby but soon! :-)