Sunday, March 16, 2008

Me?...Break the Law?!

So...Charles turned 1 year old on March 14th! Those of you who have been keeping up with this blog already know that. You also know that we did a photo shoot that morning. My strategic plan was to upload them and order them at our local Wal-Mart 1 hour photo...that way I could pass them out at his party that night. I figured I would save postage if I didn't have to mail them, and I would save gas if I wouldn't have to deliver them! I really am brilliant! (ha, ha) Being even cheaper...I was able to con my grandparents into stopping on their way to the party to pick them up for me considering that I had already paid for them when I placed the order.

So...back to the photo shoot. We recently did (still doing) some remodeling up-stairs at our house. I decided to use the freshly painted walls of the boys room (red and latte) and our room (foe finish) as the "backgrounds" So I dragged the furniture out of the way to clear a spot to take pictures. Previous post shows some of the results. I was irritated at myself for accidentally getting the outlet in one of our favorite pictures, but I figured I could just crop it out before I ordered them. That afternoon I went on line and did my thing...in about 4 clicks of the mouse I had a keeper.

Back to the party...My grandparents show up without the pictures. So I asked them ( I thought maybe they just forgot) They gave me the message from the photo department. "It is ILLEGAL to reproduce copy writed pictures from professional photographers and studios!" I laughed and said "You have got to be kidding me! I just moved our dressers and took those pictures this morning in our bedrooms!" They said I was supposed to call the photo department. After the party I called. I explained our photo shoot and it's location. I offered to bring the chair that he was kneeling on and our camera to the store if that would be proof enough that they were indeed just snap shots taken at home. Then I remembered that wretched little outlet that irritated me so! I explained that before I used the on-line enhancements that the wall was red behind him and even had a white outlet in the lower left corner that I just cropped out. I explained that a studio surely wouldn't have an outlet in the middle of their pictures! ( I would have politely invited the manager to come to our home and show her the location in person if that would prove that I was a law abiding citizen!) They put me on hold for about 10-15 minutes. Finally I convinced them that they were just snap shots and they said that I would be allowed to pick them up. I didn't even have to take the chair! All is well that ends well, and I didn't land myself in jail! LOL! I decided to post the before and after...Enjoy! *grin*

Before...
After!


7 comments:

Jamie said...

I can see why they thought that! It look VERY professional! Good job.
Jamie

Mrs. Timothy W. Pierce Sr. said...

Thanks Jamie! But, honestly...it really wasn't any great accomplishment of mine. Like I said, it was all right there on line. I just clicked the mouse a few times.

That in itself was humorous to me. They make these programs available for people to enhance photos and then suspect illegal activity...go figure. *grin*

AmberDawn said...

LOL! Very funny! And, again, I'll agree w/Jamie - you did a great job! Not only w/the cropping and enhancing but w/the actual photo. It was you who tho't to use the chair and great colored walls as backdrop!

laurie said...

This was too funny. I can't get my kids to sit still long enough. I'm still trying to get Nathan's 2year old pictures since he turned 2 in February. After child number 4 it gets very difficult to get them all sitting and in lovely moods at the same time.

Sandy said...

I feel sorry for you for all the hassle from the photo department! Great pic, though! I enjoy hearing from you, and seeing the pictures of your sweet family.

Sandy (Mom) Plummer

Travis said...

Great job! Kinda' frustrating to deal with that, in my opinion - but worth the results.

Sandy said...

Hope to see you and your sweet family here in Florida next February! We enjoyed your newsy letter via snail-mail. Enjoy your blog, too.