Friday, February 1, 2008

Mother's Love

We have been doing a lot of remodeling lately. Our whole upstairs-we out grew the downstairs. In the process of it all, Janelle ended up sharing her bedroom with Timmy for several months. Now that the boys new room is finished (well, finished enough to move in to) Timmy has moved out of her room and Charles has moved out of our room. So for the last 4 or 5 weeks she has been alone. She was fine with it at first, but now she is feeling pretty lonely. I feel bad because she is the only one with nobody to sleep with. She kept asking for me to stay with her and visit and snuggle. I decided to try giving her one of my sweaters after I sprayed it with one of my favorite perfumes. That way shee could feel closer to me even after I left. It worked! She slept well and was content and happy to snuggle my sweater. Now she takes it to bed with her every night. She let's me know every couple days that I need to give it a fresh squirt of perfume. It makes me feel special that part of "me" makes her feel so happy and safe. I pray that we will always share that kind of friendship, that just being close, will comfort her.

2 comments:

Truckin Teeds said...

Hey! Great Blog! I notice you even added music! You're getting the hang of it rather quickly. :o)

When you post your slide shows are you putting them in as a "new post"? They should be the same as your word posts, not just at the top of your page. Just a thought, let me know if I can help.

Take Care!
--Sharron

AmberDawn said...

how very precious!