Sunday, February 3, 2008

I THINK EVERY MOM HAS A DAY NOW AND THEN WHEN SHE FEELS LIKE SHE IS ONE OF THESE POOR CHICKENS!

We raise chickens every year. Tim is researching info about how to build an automatic chicken plucker. This is a picture of the "plucker" in action with 3 chickens in it. Funny thing is that when I saw the chaos that appeared to be in that "little world" I blurted out "that is how I FELT yesterday!" Well, if you are feeling like this today-hang in there-this too shall pass, and morning is coming. And it is sure to bring with it a fresh perspective :o) ***Disclaimer-this is to be taken completely in humor! I absolutely love my "job" as a wife and mother! Fact is-we all have "those days" now and then - when it seems like everthing is going crazy and wrong all at once.!!

5 comments:

Mr. Green said...

Pluck Pluck

laurie said...

Okay, what in the world is that thing? Matt wants to know if the chickens were dead before they were put in there.

Laurie Crocker

Mrs. Timothy W. Pierce Sr. said...

So I am leaving a comment on my own blog-to answer Lauries question, and to inform anyone else who may be wondering. Yes the chickens were dead and also dipped in boiling water before they went into the automatic plucker. I guess Tim is going to build one this year because we will be raising 500 chickens instead of our usual 100. I aint a farmers wife-so I hope he doesnt intend on getting much bigger than a hobby with this thing! Absolutely NO OFFENCE intended toward farmers or their wives. On the contrary-I give then a lot of credit! I couldn't handle all that is involved or the constant "fresh country air" Farmers and farmers wives everywhere...I appreciate all that you do to provide for people everywhere! WIthout you the world would me a much hungrier and "naked-er" place! Thank you!

AmberDawn said...

LOL!! Both the posting (and pic) and comments are just too funny! You all sure have your hands full w/everything!

Kim M. said...

Farmer's wives of old would love that contraption. That's quite hilarious and yes, I have felt that way too!